Aurora Life Coaching is pleased to announce the launch of creative children’s workshops – Creative Confidence – in Watford, starting 21st & 28th April 2016, 4.00 – 5.00 pm
Would you like your child to:
- increase their self-awareness
- be able to express themselves and how they feel, with greater ease
- love themselves for who they are
- develop resilience
- think more positively
Imagine your child:
- having a clearer sense of self
- appreciating how unique and important they are
- developing confidence in their strengths
- developing emotional resilience to everyday challenges
- feeling empowered
- training their brains to think more positively… Continue reading
Do you trust your instincts? Do you make decisions based upon your head or your heart?
Even people who often make decisions based upon logic use their instinct when they go house hunting. When you look round a house and you know it is the one for you but you are not sure why it is better than the last one you saw; which you also liked. I was talking recently to someone about which University their daughter was going to and they said, “It just had that feeling.” Funnily enough, it is also on… Continue reading
“I never have time”, that’s my excuse for not going to the gym for the last few months. This is not strictly true as I proved to myself when I trained in Performance Coaching whilst working 50 plus hours a week in my full-time teaching role. I could easily have thought I didn’t have time for all the hours I needed to do my training properly but some how I managed to find them. I’m so glad I did, as it has transformed my life.
Recently, another opportunity has come along to take my work to another… Continue reading
Space for thought was illustrated to me in a very abstract way yesterday. We were in VERY slow traffic, as I was driving my daughter to a dance show during rush hour, and approaching a roundabout. There was a large gap about five cars ahead of us but it really didn’t make any difference as the traffic was so slow. Suddenly, I saw the car behind pull out and thought it must be turning right as I had just noticed a training ground down there. Then I thought it must be parking across the road… Continue reading
WOW! I’m so excited, I don’t know where to begin. I have won the lottery. I feel like I’ve won a million pounds. No, I haven’t won the National Lottery but I feel like I am winning the ‘Lottery of Life’.
People who have known me for years will know that I often had dark thoughts, thought that I had to strive for everything. I am so excited that I have found that this is not so.
Having discovered Life Coaching was miraculous enough but now it has moved to a completely different level and… Continue reading
Mother’s Day is a day to show how grateful we are to our mums for all they do. I know some people who love it and can’t wait to tell everyone what they were given by their family and others who think it is just one day and they do not want to participate in the commercialism of the day.
I decided to look into the origins of Mother’s Day (or Mothering Sunday as it was when I was young)
- It began in the USA in 1908 by Anna Jarvis when she held a memorial for her mother. She… Continue reading
Many people I have met, of varying ages, are prone to ‘overthinking’ at times. Some spend more time than others doing this. Whilst it is good to be in touch with your thoughts and feelings, if you spend long periods of time constantly analysing them it can lead to feeling stuck in negative thoughts and feelings. You create problems that aren’t even there. This increase in stress makes your thinking more rigid and your decisions can often be forced.
Overthinking can also hold you in fear. You are either stuck in the past with negative voices… Continue reading
It’s Valentine’s Day on Sunday; a day for love, or dread, depending upon your situation. Time pressures can be an issue in all aspects of our lives; including our relationships as it is hard to build relationships without time. Being present in your relationship can be hard in a fast-paced life with so many demands and priorities. You may have many items on your to-do list that need your attention but make sure that you give your relationship quality time and your partner the love they deserve. Plan time together; maybe a romantic overnight break where you unplug and… Continue reading
Kindness is all around us. It is easy not to notice it in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. For the last two weeks I have been journaling 10 things each day that I am grateful for and WOW is it making me notice kindness from others and making me kinder to them too. I am really noticing and appreciating; politeness, good service, friendliness and thoughtfulness from others. It has made me think about how I interact with others and the impact our actions have on each other. Here are 10 ideas… Continue reading
Do you feel overwhelmed by your to-do list? Do you feel you are living in a state of ‘frenzy’? Do you feel you are not achieving what you need to?
We all have days and sometimes weeks when we feel overwhelmed by our activities. However, we can sometimes get into a place where we can’t see a way out and we slide deeper into overwhelm.
Here are 10 ways to help get out of that feeling:
1. Be realistic about what you can achieve. Don’t take too much on and keep track of your obligations.
2. Create boundaries and learn to say ‘no’. This is part of keeping track of your obligations.
3. Concentrate on one task at a time. ‘Chunk’ activities that are similar to make you more productive.
4. Monotask – concentrate on one task at a time until it is completed. Very few people can actually be more productive by doing many things at once.
5. ‘Eat That Frog’ – start with the task you least want to do each day. This is another tip to make you more productive and makes the rest of your day much more enjoyable.
6. Ask for help – from family and friends. Is everything you have taken on your responsibility alone?
7. Ask yourself: ‘What would happen if I didn’t…?’ Is everything on your list necessary?
8. Make time for yourself during each day. Take time to regroup and have a break. Make sure you eat properly no matter how busy you are. It will give you the power to keep going.
9. Declutter – use whatever method suits you: by room or by category. Choose a day to clear and clean and get help if you need it so that you are on top of it. Then it will be easier to stay on top of it if you are employing some of the tips above.
10. TAKE ACTION!
Above all, take control and do something about it. Taking control, even small steps towards your goal will make you feel better and you will be able to gain momentum.